First, some values to remember:
- What makes God comfortable may not make us comfortable
- Leaders are kings- what Kind of King are you? Saul or David? Flesh or Spirit?
|Head and shoulders bigger||Youth|
|Wanted to look good||Wanted God to look good|
|Threw spears||Made covenant|
|Mad rants||Worship songs|
|Used people (David to play music for him)||Loved people (Adullam’s cave)|
|Wanted honour but wouldn’t give it||Honoured and was honoured (wouldn’t kill Saul /wells)|
So how do we use these values in goal setting?
- What kind of atmosphere are we producing? What kind of atmosphere do we want?
- Is there room for others?
- Is there unity- agreement – understanding in my team?